As our new DetermiNation platform launches its suite of 2019 events, ACS has entered into a partnership with Motiv, a leader in the mass participatory event business. It offers our supporters 10 new events to participate in.
Between 2015 and 2017, more than 61,000 participants through our DetermiNation program. Look here for our full list of events our supporters can participate in while raising money for our mission.
Cancer.org/determination will have a refreshed look starting March 12, and will include the Motiv events. The site is being re-launched with Motiv, runDisney, and international events being keystone properties. The tagline will be: "When you compete with ACS, we become relentless together. The strength is inside you, support is all around you." Our goal this year is to raise $9 million.
Motiv is an event management company based in Denver, with a worldwide portfolio of sports and entertainment events as well as multiple endurance events. As a National Featured Charity, ACS will be featured on the website, and when participants register they will be given the opportunity to fundraise for ACS. This is a key part of our agreement, as the only way to access participation in these events after they sell out is via charity running.
Along with Motiv's other global partners include UPS, adidas, Reebok, Asics, Toyota, and Geico, the Society will be featured in the following events:
- Destination Race - Santa Barbara Wine Country Half Marathon; May 10 – May 11
- Destination Race - Napa to Sonoma Wine Country Half Marathon; July 20 – July 21
- Surf City 10 Mile; Sept. 21 – 22
- Destination Race – Healdsburg Wine Country Half Marathon; Oct. 25 – Oct. 26
- Golden Gate Half Marathon & 5K; Nov. 2 – Nov. 3
- Surf City Marathon & Half Marathon; Jan. 31 – Feb. 2, 2020
While ACS does not have exclusivity as the National Featured Charity, we are entitled to certain benefits that other charities do not receive, such as top placement on each race's charity page, one-time donations at point-of-sale, and priority space for event onsite activation.
Additional ACS Motiv events include:
- Portland Shamrock Run; March 15 – March 17
- Love Run Philadelphia Half Marathon – March 31
- Rutgers UNITE Half Marathon; April 14
- JetBlue Long Beach Marathon; Oct. 11 – Oct. 13
For each race, there are benefits to running on behalf of ACS on the DetermiNation platform that include the following:
- Access to marathon, half-marathon and triathlon training
- Invitations to community social events
- Race weekend VIP amenities
- Exclusive team shirt
- Free online tools designed to make fundraising fun and easy
- Opportunity to dedicate efforts in honor or memory of someone
- Mentor support from past participants