Applications are due by August 23
The American Cancer Society seeks to be the premiere cancer nonprofit where young professionals want to volunteer and work.
To facilitate this need, we are seeking volunteers to serve on the Gen2End leadership team. The Gen2End leadership team will be responsible for driving young professional volunteer engagement with the ACS. They will work to implement a 5-year Gen2End strategic plan that will engage this group (ages 22-35) into every aspect of our fight to end cancer.
An ideal candidate for the leadership team will have at least one year of ACS experience, preferably in a leadership role. Team members will need to commit to an 18- to 24-month term. The team will primarily meet by virtual calls and the work requirement is expected to be 4-6 hours per week.
Each team member will have responsibility for unique aspects of the Gen2End Strategic Plan and will be expected to:
- Understand with proficiency and speak to the overall Gen2End strategic plan with both external and internal audiences, including executive level staff and members of the Board of Directors
- Create a positive and productive partnership with your identified ACS staff person
- Collaborate across team roles and with additional Society stakeholders to achieve over-arching goals
- Learn and apply volunteerism trends and engagement best practices for young professionals
- Work with skills-based volunteers to deliver on our goals
Interested applicants need to apply by August 23. The Gen2End chairs and staff partners will be conducting interviews in September and will notify all applicants of their selection by the end of that month.
Selected applicants will be joining a team of:
- Self-starters, balancing strategic thinking with an ability to define and deliver the tactical steps needed to operationalize our vision
- Empowered leaders who seek to inspire more leaders rather than control the process
- Collaborative partners who respectfully challenge ideas with thoughtful feedback meant to improve our results
- Fast-paced action takers who honor our commitments to each other, to our staff partners, and to the mission of the American Cancer Society
- Innovative risk takers who are comfortable driving forward while the road is still being paved
If you have questions, need further information, or would like the full position summary sent to you, please email ACSVolunteerCare@cancer.org.