Awards are presented in two categories: nomination-based and data-determined
The Spirit of Relay Awards seek to honor and recognize all those who have gone above and beyond to help the American Cancer Society lead the fight for a world without cancer through the Relay For Life movement. From engaging survivors or an entire school community to promoting an event or creating an event experience to remember, individual victories collectively translate to attacking cancer from every angle.
Some award winners were chosen based on the Pat Flynn Spirit of Relay Award, and others were determined by data compiled in AC reporting systems. To learn more about the criteria for each of these awards, review the Relay For Life Nationwide Awards Program Flyer.
Be sure to look for this news on local Facebook pages so you can share the announcement with all those you know. We want to shower our winners with congratulatory messages for their achievements!
Below are the winners of the highest Spirit of Relay Awards. For the entire list of all winners, please visit Relay Connect.
- Pat Flynn Spirit of Relay Nationwide Award Winner: Relay For Life of Father Ryan High School – Nashville, TN
Select Fundraising and Data-Based Award Winners
- Gordy Klatt #1 Net Income Event: Relay For Life of Gwinnett County – Lawrenceville, GA (pictured above)
- Gordy Klatt #1 Per Capita: Saint James Parish – Louisiana
- Gordy Klatt Power of Hope: Los Angeles County – California
- #1 Rookie Event (year 1): Relay For Life of Taneytown –Taneytown, MD
Teams of Excellence
- Nucor Steel Decatur – $450,100 – Decatur, AL
- Nucor Steel Louisiana – $418,202 – Lutcher, LA
- Taco Bell – $315,000 – Jacksonville, TX
- Southern Motion – $285,000 – Pontotoc, MS
- Rosebud Miners – $266,999 – Ford City, PA