Once again, NFL fans, supporters, and the public had an opportunity to enter to win the Super Bowl experience of a lifetime by making a donation of $10 to the American Cancer Society. The winner of this year's sweepstakes is Michelle Gipson, a 15-year Kansas City Chiefs season ticket holder who lost her mom to breast cancer. After discovering she carried the BRCA2 gene mutation, Michelle opted for preventive surgery to reduce her breast cancer risk. She will attend the Feb. 2 Super Bowl in Miami with her husband.
In addition to the sweepstakes, there will be a full week of activities hosted by ACS in conjunction with several partners, including the Miami Super Bowl Host Committee. These include activations, fundraisers, and events to raise awareness and funds for ACS.
As the NFL's partner for almost 11 years, ACS will be highlighted throughout the week in a variety of ways. Here's the rundown on ACS promotions and events for Super Bowl LIV:
- Crucial Catch Super Bowl Sweepstakes (December 13 – Jan. 26) - As noted above, this year's winner, like last year's, has a strong connection to cancer. Staff were not eligible to participate in this contest.
- Super Bowl LIVE Fan Fest (January 25 – February 1) - Located at Bayfront Park, this is the largest free fan fest of the week, with a projected attendance of 1.5 million NFL fans. We will spread awareness through ACS signage and mission-focused Crucial Catch videos that will be aired on the main stage. Point of sale donations will also help raise funds for ACS at concession stands.
- Super Bowl 'Radio Row' Ambassadors (January 27-31) - NFL players, legends, and celebrity ambassadors will give interviews about Crucial Catch and our NFL partnership in the Super Bowl media zone headquarters.
- Gamers Streaming House (January 30 – February 2) - eSports stars will host a charity stream live from the Gamers Streaming House to encourage viewers to donate to ACS throughout the stream.
- Big Game Big Give (February 1) - This invitation-only event for 500 guests will be hosted at a private estate and traditionally raises over $1M for various charities. Our Miami development team is involved in promoting the event to key donors and corporate partners.
- Super Bowl Gospel Celebration (airs February 1) - ACS will be the sole charitable partner for the 21st Annual Super Bowl Gospel Celebration, the largest multi-cultural event of Super Bowl weekend. BET Networks air the show several times throughout February.
- NFL Honors Awards Show (February 1) - NFL Honors is the National Football League's annual awards show recognizing the NFL's best players, performances, and plays from the current season. We are working to incorporate our celebrity partners into the event.
- Celebrity guests (Super Bowl weekend) - Our Super Bowl Sweepstakes winner will meet 'The Masked Singer’s' Ken Jeong and watch the Super Bowl LIV with 'Stranger Things' star Caleb McLaughlin during a VIP weekend experience of a lifetime. More on that here.
ACS and the NFL have reached more than one million individuals with cancer prevention information, screening education, and patient support, and raised more than $20 million since 2009 to save lives in the fight against cancer.
Together we have provided breast cancer screenings to more than 327,000 men and women in underserved communities. Crucial Catch includes prevention and early detection efforts of multiple cancers, and addresses the unequal burden of cancer in underserved communities through the ACS CHANGE grant program currently being conducted in all 32 NFL team markets.