Our message is getting out - here are some social media messages you can use
The American Red Cross is happy to report that blood donation appointments made online are up nearly 30% since we jointly kicked off the Give Blood To Give Time campaign on Feb. 10. It runs through Feb. 29.
Stephenie Perry, pictured in both of these images, is a survivor of Stage 3 Hodgkin Lymphoma. She was diagnosed on April 28, 2015, 10 days before the commencement ceremony for her Master’s in Public Administration from the University of Georgia. She has been in remission since 2018.
During treatment, blood transfusions were a gift she will forever be grateful for. "Getting blood was just like a rush of new life. It really helped me continue to do the things that made me me," she says in this video.
"I am so thankful for blood donors. It means so much. They are giving something to somebody else so they have a better chance at life," she says.
Help us raise awareness about the need for blood donations to help ensure loved ones have the strength and support needed to battle cancer. Below are some sample messages to post on your social media channels:
- Join the Red Cross & @AmericanCancer and help people like Stephenie fight #cancer. You can support patients & their families by giving blood or platelets, or making a financial gift. Give now: rcblood.org/time #GiveBloodToGiveTime
- (You can link to Stephenie's story on YouTube, as well: https://youtu.be/E3NLvX30iBg)
- Many cancer patients, especially those undergoing chemotherapy, will require blood during their treatment. But there aren't enough people donating blood regularly to meet the need. Join the Red Cross and American Cancer Society to #GiveBloodToGiveTime by scheduling a blood donation appointment or making a financial gift: rcblood.org/time
- Join the Red Cross and American Cancer Society this February as they work together to encourage people to #GiveBloodToGiveTime. Your blood donation or financial gift can help cancer patients get vital treatments and access to the programs and services they need. Learn more and help: rcblood.org/time
- Cancer takes so much, but you can help patients and their families by making a blood or platelet donation, or by making a financial gift. Join the Red Cross and American Cancer Society this February and #GiveBloodToGiveTime. Visit rcblood.org/time to learn more.
- #Cancer patients use more blood than patients fighting any other disease. And, there simply aren't enough people regularly donating blood to meet the need. That's why @RedCross is teaming up with @AmericanCancer to encourage people to #GiveBloodToGiveTime: rcblood.org/time
- Join @RedCross & @AmericanCancer as they work together to encourage people to #GiveBloodToGiveTime. Your blood donation or financial gift can help #cancer patients get vital treatments and access to programs & services they need. Learn more & help: rcblood.org/time
- #Cancer takes so much. But you can help by donating blood, platelets or a financial gift. Learn how you can support the @RedCross & @AmericanCancer and #GiveBloodToGiveTime at rcblood.org/time
- For those undergoing chemotherapy treatments while battling #cancer, a blood transfusion is a meaningful way to give them the strength to keep fighting. Sign up to #GiveBloodToGiveTime with the @RedCross: rcblood.org/time
- #DYK: Many cancer patients, especially those undergoing chemotherapy, will require blood during their treatment. Make your appointment to #GiveBloodToGiveTime with the @RedCross: rcblood.org/time
- 5 units of blood are needed every minute of every day to help someone going though #cancer treatments. But there simply aren't enough people regularly donating blood to meet the need. Make your appointment with the @RedCross and #GiveBloodToGiveTime: rcblood.org/time
- Has someone you love battled #cancer? Join the @RedCross & @AmericanCancer #GiveBloodToGiveTime campaign and donate blood or platelets, or make a financial gift, as a meaningful way to honor those fighting cancer or those who've overcome cancer. Give now: rcblood.org/time
- Schedule your blood donation or make a financial gift today and join the @RedCross and @AmericanCancer in helping cancer patients receive vital treatment and access to programs and services they need. #GiveBloodToGiveTime: rcblood.org/time