Amid the uncertainty that surrounds us right now, one thing that remains constant is that the American Cancer Society will be there for cancer patients when they need us most.
This is your go-to place on My Society Source for the latest information and guidance involving ACS and COVID-19, the new coronavirus. This article will remain in the carousel indefinitely and be updated as needed.
Stay safe, keep up your spirits, and continue to speak passionately about our mission. We need our volunteers now more than ever before!
How You Can Help
- While this is undoubtedly a challenging time, cancer does not stop, and neither can we. We are asking for your ideas, innovative thinking, and creativity to help minimize the impact on our overall 2020 revenue. With powerful volunteer leaders like you by our side, we have no doubt the American Cancer Society will prevail and come out even stronger on the other side of this crisis. Especially in times like these, we are so grateful for the passion and dedication of our volunteers and staff. Thank you for all you are doing to help lead the right for a world without cancer.
- Volunteers and staff can share ideas about virtual fundraising, events, and more by emailing ACSeventsolutions@cancer.org. All ideas are welcome – not just fundraising – to support our events during this season. Read more here.
- Join our Gamers vs Cancer College Streaming Tournament! Learn more here.
News Announced Earlier
- Out of concern for our patients,
we suspended our transporation services as of March 25.
Read more here.
- Read our CEO
Gary Reedy's message to our volunteers and supporters. It was emailed to more than 2 million people on March 17 and posted on
- We are postponing all ACS events through the middle of May, all ACS offices and Discovery Shops are now closed to the public, and staff will continue to work from home.
Where to submit your ACS-related questions?
- Please contact your staff partner or call our National Cancer Information Center (NCIC) at 1.800.227.2345. On cancer.org there is also the ability to Live Chat.
We are suspending all in-person events through mid-May.
- A workgroup has been convened to work on enhanced virtual options for our cancelled events.
- We do have tools that make online fundraising possible - event websites, the Relay For Life fundraising app, and Facebook fundraising. Please make sure your teammates are making use of them.
How YOU can help curb the spread of COVID-19 and protect yourself
An Incidence Response Team is in place
- We have assembled an incident response team that is assessing the potential impacts on different areas of Society business and developing action and contingency plans to mitigate risk for patients, volunteers, staff, and the organization as a whole. Its members are:
Tim Phillips, our chief legal and risk officer;
Len Lichtenfeld, MD, our deputy chief medical officer;
Maria Clark, senior VP, Volunteer Events;
Phil Monaghan, senior VP, Talent Strategy; and
Paul McGee, strategic director, Strategic Communications.