Get Screened and I Got Screened Facebook profile frames now available!
You already know that a big part of our mission work this year is focused on increasing cancer screening rates. Today, we're taking another big step forward in this effort by launching our Get Screened public awareness campaign.
The public screening campaign is one of six components of our effort to make sure people are getting their recommended cancer screening tests. Read this
My Society Source story for a look at the big picture.
ACS's promotional campaign
ACS's campaign will focus on a combination of earned and paid media. Our paid media campaign centers around digital media, specifically Facebook and Instagram. The campaign launches this summer and will run through October.
New landing page on cancer.org
The campaign has a new landing page on cancer.org. The page addresses how to overcome barriers to cancer screening, including what to do if someone is uninsured or underinsured. More information is available about the ACS guidelines for cancer screening. The landing page is available at
Asset overview and availability
Available is a list of
screening educational materials that you can download and use with partners, volunteers, and the public. We also have a social media profile picture frames available on Facebook, so show your personal support for the campaign by adding the Get Screened or I Got Screened frame to your profile pic. To add a frame, open Facebook, navigate to your profile, and click on your profile pic. Select ‘add frame’ and search ‘American Cancer Society’ to find the Get Screened frame.
Call to action for volunteers
- If you're not up to date on screening, call your doctor.
- Share and re-post the American Cancer Society's screening social media messages when you see them. Remember to use the campaign hashtag – #GetScreened – in all your posts.
- Show your support for the campaign on Facebook by adding our Get Screened social media profile picture frame to your Facebook profile pic. To add the frame, open Facebook, navigate to your profile, and click on your profile pic. Select 'add frame' and search 'American Cancer Society' to find the Get Screened frame.
- Learn more by visiting our new landing page at cancer.org/get-screened.
- Talk to your staff partner about how you can get involved in our local efforts to get cancer screening rates back on track.