It celebrates survivors and raises funds for our mission.
The American Cancer Society Voices of Hope is a nationwide group of cancer survivors and caregivers who share their personal stories of their cancer journey to inspire others to support our lifesaving mission. Serving as a highly visible model of personal victory over the disease, 14 of our Voices of Hope members are now being featured in a special calendar with all proceeds going to support the ACS mission.
You can meet the men and women featured in the calendar and hear their amazing stories of hope and strength during a live broadcast on Facebook on Tuesday, Nov. 23, at 9 p.m. ET.
The 2022 calendar, titled “Once Upon a Relay,” celebrates the diversity of cancer survivors and caregivers, the journeys they each take, and the fairytale character each associates with the most.
Order calendars here. For a $20 donation to ACS you get one calendar, and a $30 donation will get you two.
“The Once Upon A Relay calendar has been a fairy tale project for me, pun intended,” said Joe Gillette, longtime ACS volunteer from the Northeast Region. “My collaboration with members of the Voices of Hope survivors and caregivers has been enchanting. Pun intended again. At first glance you will no doubt get caught up in the color and creativity of each of the Voice's layouts. Then, on second glance, you will come to learn the moral of this project, that every voice can wield the most powerful tool of all – its story.”
The Voices of Hope members featured in this calendar include:
- Ashley McAuley, Houston, Texas
- Becky Euler, Duncan Wakarusa, Kansas
- Debbie Leslie, McDonald Alvin, Texas
- Diane Denoyer, Traverse City, Michigan
- Jason Masony, Medina, Ohio
- Jean Tolley Grieve, Fort Walton Beach, Florida
- Julie Turner, Vandalia, Ohio
- Krista Lee, Elgin, Texas
- Marcia Sharkey, Fitchburg, Massachusetts
- Robin Campbell, Kingman, Arizona
- Sara Thornburgh, Lebanon, Tennessee
- Shelly Miller, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Theresa Sells Miller, Waller, Texas
- Tina Clower Atchison, Little Elm, Texas
- Valerie Frazier, Martinsville, Indiana