The new Relay For Life Community group on Facebook is a volunteer-led group where Relayers can come to find inspiration, share ideas and tips for successful fundraising events, ask each other questions, and seek advice. This is a great resource for veteran Relay volunteers and new Relay volunteers, alike.
This is a closed group, but anyone can request to join. Once you've joined, there’s an "Invite Members" box on the right side of the main page where you can invite your teammates and volunteers to join, too!
The group's guidelines are listed on the site, but here are a few reminders:
- The purpose of this group is to support and uplift Relayers everywhere.
- What we encourage: Sharing fundraising ideas, shining a spotlight on volunteers and participants who deserve recognition, and offering tips to others who might need help recruiting or planning.
- Use this group as a resource to make your Relay For Life event the best it can be. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
- What’s not allowed: “Spamming” or posting your personal fundraising page.
- All posts must be related to Relay For Life! No exceptions.
- Be respectful of others. This is a safe zone and we do not tolerate profanity, bullying, or any form of hate.
- For the community, by the community. Therefore, we are not medical professionals or technical experts. Please refer all medical or technical questions to the American Cancer Society helpline – 1-800-227-2345.
- The group admins reserve the right to hide any content that does not abide by these rules.