Raise Your Way lets anyone turn an activity they are passionate about into a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society.
This year, the Raise Your Way initiative has already raised $1 million towards our mission. There is still time to spread the word by inviting your friends, coworkers, and family to start a fundraiser to help us meet our goal of $3 million for all CrowdRise fundraisers by the end of the year.
These supporters found creative ways to help us save lives from cancer. Here's how:
- The AEPI Rock-A-Thon at Mizzou celebrated its 50th anniversary by spreading awareness about pancreatic cancer. This fraternity rocked its way to $110,000, exceeding their goal of $100,000. More than $35,000 of the total was raised through their CrowdRise site. Learn more about who these students rocked for in this promo video.
- ACS fundraiser Amie Greer originally wanted to raise $1,000 in her fundraiser Home to Nome: 1000 to fight cancer. She surpassed this goal by raising a total of $2,125. Amie, her husband Matt, and a friend Noah rode snow machines from their front door in Fairbanks, Alaska to Nome, Alaska. This 1,000-mile, six-day trek crossed rivers, mountains, and ran along the west coast of Alaska.
- ACS fundraiser and lacrosse player Andrew Xiques raised more than $5,000 through Face-Off Against Cancer. On the senior night of his final lacrosse season at Toms River High School South, he cut his hair that he had been growing since 6th grade to raise money for the American Cancer Society. He was inspired to do something for others after watching the documentary "Man in the Red Bandanna" in memory of Welles Crowther, a hero of 9/11.
Get your own fundraiser started or tell a friend to by visiting crowdrise.com/americancancersociety and click "Start a Fundraiser."
After registering, a fundraiser can be personalized with stories, photos, and videos. If a campaign needs to be tied to a Society Key, please fill out this intake form before the fundraiser accepts donations, as donations cannot be attributed retroactively.
For more information, review the CrowdRise – Raise Your Way Quick Reference Guide on Society Source.
Don't forget! The following premium features are available to anyone raising funds for the American Cancer Society:
- Advanced registration/ticketing: CrowdRise registration/ticketing system, including unlimited ticket types and form questions, waiver authorization, coupon codes, inventory, and in-line donations.
- Advanced campaign configurability: Campaign design features including configurable page layout, section titles and content, administrative account codes, and team templates.
- Configurable forms: Customize the questions and pre-set content on your donation and fundraiser setup forms.
- Custom emails: Update automated emails with unique content and branding.
- Fundraising minimums: Require fundraisers to agree to raise a certain amount by a specific deadline or be automatically charged the difference.
If you or someone you know gets a message that says a feature you need to customize your CrowdRise campaign is blocked, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with the link to your fundraiser to have the premium features enabled!
If you have any questions, more RYW resources are available by visiting the Raise Your Way folder in the Marketing and Communication drop down navigation on Brand Toolkit. They include general RYW resources, as well as our featured fundraiser assets.