Our commitment to fighting breast cancer is stronger than ever, but how we rallied communities and celebrated in October looked very different. From drive-thrus to parades to virtual experiences, Making Strides participants showed up in a big way. Watch this Thank You Montage video of all the fun participants had in October.
Our volunteers and staff have worked tirelessly to execute the 2020 Making Strides season, despite challenges due to the pandemic. This pink season isn’t over, donations will be accepted through December 31, 2020.
Here are just a few examples of our Making Strides activities:
- The first-ever national Making Strides broadcast – Strides Live Across America – showcased and united breast cancer survivors and communities from coast to coast.
- About 880 participants joined the Strides Across America Walk Challenge, logging more than 15,000 miles in honor of every person that will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year.
- Plenty of unique events and activations took place in many markets across the country, including promotions such as City Furniture’s “Pink Pumpkin” display of professionally carved pumpkins in 32 stores from Miami to Orlando, giving shoppers a chance to donate to Making Strides; and a drive-thru rolling pep-rally in Long Island with nearly 600 cars. For more updates and photos from events from across the nation, check-out the Pink channel on ACS2Go.
Thank you to all Making Strides participants and donors, and a big shout out to the current top fundraisers and teams in the fight against breast cancer.
Top 3 Fundraisers (all part of the Pacesetters Club)
- Neva Weber* – Making Strides of Fairfield County, CT (Staff partner: Katie DiVenuto)
- Liana Fuente – Making Strides of Tampa (Staff partner: Mallory McLean)
- Stacy Matseas Racette – Making Strides of San Diego (Staff partner: Karen Cook)
Top 3 Fundraising Teams
Making Strides would not be as successful without our National Presenting Sponsor Avon or our largest regional partners including Caesars Entertainment, Chevrolet, New York State United Teachers (NYSUT), Walmart, and Zeta Tau Alpha. We thank them!
* Neva Weber died on Feb. 6, 2017. Her Making Strides team, Neva's Westport Babes, carries on her passion. Neva would have been 52 on Oct. 18. During her nine years of fundraising, Neva and her team raised more than $1 million. Take time to read the message her mom, Ricki, wrote on her fundraising page.