Accredited activity will address strategies to support patients.
The American Cancer Society is proud to partner with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to host a live, interactive webinar on March 14 on the issue of food insecurity among cancer survivors.
The webinar is accredited for 1.0 free CE credit/contact hour for registered nurses and social workers. All health care professionals working with cancer survivors, as well as ACS team members and partners, are encouraged to attend. This continuing education activity is provided free of charge.
The webinar, Food to Address Outcomes: Strategies to Support Patients with Cancer Facing Food Insecurity, will:
- Describe the prevalence of food insecurity in patients with cancer and how it influences patient outcomes.
- Explain how to effectively screen for food insecurity in the clinical setting.
- Assess opportunities to implement food access programming and identify potential collaborators.
- Identify methods to provide access to healthy food resources.
- Provide resources, tools, and tips for patient support.
The webinar is set for Tuesday, March 14, from 1 - 2 p.m. ET. For more information and to register for the event, click here.