The National Volunteer Training Team (NVTT) is recruiting new members. If you are a volunteer or know of a volunteer who is skilled in virtual training and passionate about the Society, we have several opportunities!
The NVTT is a virtual training team. Here is a little more about the expectations of volunteers in the program:
- Team members are knowledgeable about the American Cancer Society's mission, programs, and services. They have in-depth knowledge of the subject area they are training on and are able to articulate that information to others.
- Membership on the NVTT requires a two-year commitment that may be renewed depending upon the team member's interest, expertise, and performance, as well as staff input, audience feedback, and the Society's geographic training needs.
- Team members facilitate at least eight (8) virtual training sessions per year.
- Team members maintain the skills and the system and content knowledge necessary for their positions by participating in and completing mandatory and required team training.
- Timely team communication is critical to the work we do. Team members should have frequent access to email and are expected to reply to communications in a timely manner.
Interested volunteers should complete an application:
- Society volunteers who have an interest in general Society training like Volunteer Staff Partnership, Change Savvy and Sharing Our Story can apply for one of our teams by filling out this application.
Deadline for submitting applications is Friday, December 1, 2017.
Questions? Email ACSVolunteerCare@cancer.org.